“You’re nominated for a ‘what’ award?”
This my Liebster Award post where I’ll talk about who my favourite blogger is and why and also tell you 10 random facts about myself.
Thank you so much to Mayling of loubisandleggings.com for nominating me! I LOVE her blog and we had the ch
ance go for a coffee in London last week, so it was lovely to meet in person. If you like fancy shoes and lifestyle tips, definitely go and check out her blog!
What’s the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award designed for bloggers to meet other bloggers and in general for the blogging community to support each other. If you’re interested in learning more, check out The Official Rules for the Liebster Award 2017.
What to do if you’re nominated for the Liebster Award?
- Write a post and link back to the person who nominated you.
- Write 150-300 words about your favourite blog (not your own) and include links.
- Post 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers that you think deserve this award (with less than 200 followers).
- List these rules in your post/link to the official rules.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been chosen!
My favourite blog
I found this blogger only a few months ago through her YouTube channel. But, she’s now my favourite blogger; I wish I found her sooner!
It’s none other than Sophie Milner from fashionslave.co.uk.
The reason I subscribed to her channel and followed her blog straight away is because she was immediately so relatable and seemed like someone I would be friends with. Here are some of the reasons she’s my fav blogger:
- Great personality and sense of humour!
- Down to earth – I love that she mixes up high-street and high-end styles together and she’s just honest – she won’t hide it when she’s hungover and eaten some left-over Maccers for brekkers!😂
- She replies to all her YouTube commenters – even though she has over 21K followers now – I love that she makes the time to try replying to all those comments (something which is quite rare!)
- She appreciates her luxury products and is so honest and humble about affording them.
- You can see how much time and effort goes into her blog posts – it’s not a case of two paragraphs and a bunch of photos. Everything is so well-thought out and well-written.
- Her style is on point and she always looks stunning, but never comes across as intimidating.
- My favourite thing about her blog is not the fashion though. I love her posts which delve into subjects on a deeper level and can start a good debate. Meaningful topics to which we can all relate in this modern day, like her post: SOCIAL MEDIA IS MAKING ME MISERABLE
- Following no.7, seriously, read her Think Pieces!
- She won Blogosphere Fashion Blogger of the Year! Yay, Sophie
- All of this just makes you want to be her friend and hang out!
I never wanted the simple life. Nothing is worth having comes easy, as they say. And we all know that easy come, easy go. I don’t see how if you’re striving and aiming for the best, whatever the best may be, for you, how that can ever ever be a bad thing? You should never let anyone limit you, or feel you should limit yourself based on others thoughts about you.
– Sophie Milner, “I don’t want to settle for a Simple Life”
10 Facts about me
- I love swimming – I used to do synchronised swimming for eleven years, participating in competitions.
- I was born in and live in Essex, (no, I don’t know the TOWIE people; yes, I have met Olly Murs) but I consider London to be a second home and Madrid my third, where I lived for six months and spent all my time with mi hermana española.
- My dream career was to be a film director – since our family got a video recorder when I was eight, I’ve filmed and edited over 50 films with my friends. Some criiiingey videos right there!
- Bad grammar winds me up! Especially shop signs and restaurant menus that use apostrophes incorrectly (sorry, I’m one of those people)
- I love all animals, but I especially love cats. I have a cat called Mia and my favourite animal is a tiger; they’re so beautiful!
- I’m obsessed with anything Harry Potter! I queued up for the new book releases and when the films came out around my birthday, I had Harry Potter themed parties (not gonna lie, I still do even now I’m 25) and after I saw the Cursed Child in the theatre, I was so emotional over it, I cried for a month afterwards…
- I’ve been with my boyfriend for so long, neither of us remember how long we’ve been together; it’s either seven or eight years. Who knows?
- I have a degree in French and Spanish, but am a little rusty now (obvs I remember the naughty words). I also tried learning Greek and Arabic, but failed at those two languages. In Greek, I can say ‘I like cheese and wine’ and that’s about it, but what else could you need to say?!
- My favourite designer is CHANEL. Not because of its status, but because of Gabrielle Chanel herself and the history of the brand.
- I used to hate olives, but now I LOVE THEM.
Thank you to Mayling of loubisandleggings.com for nominating me – I’m so glad I’ve got to know you, which I wouldn’t have if I hadn’t started this blog!
- Harriet thisessexgirl.co.uk
- Levi levimariecrombie.com
- Dominique fashionedbypluche.blogspot.co.uk
- Beth beffshuff.com
- Ashley ashesgroundedwoods.wordpress.com
- Angie thegirlfromthenorth.com
- Neelam sheewearscolour.com